with Chickpea Flour and mashed banana
A perfect recipe to use up those ripe bananas and avocados in the fridge!
This loaf uses chickpea flour (or besan flour). Chickpeas are a legume, and is an excellent source of potassium, fiber, non-heme iron, magnesium, and vitamin B6.
Compared to whole wheat flour, chickpea flour has twice the amount of protein and three times the amount of fiber.
Chickpea flour can be used in savory dishes such as pancakes (called “chilla”), but can also be incorporated into sweet dishes as well.
Have you tried chickpea flour before?
For one loaf,
+ 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
+ 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed
+ 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
+ 1 egg
+ 1 tsp vanilla extract
+ 3 tbsp honey
+ 1 cup chickpea flour
+ 1 tbsp baking soda
+ 1/4 tsp salt
+ 1/2 cup cocoa powder
+ 1/2 cup chocolate chips
+ 1/4 cup walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Combine the wet ingredients together: bananas, avocado,
coconut oil/butter, egg, vanilla extract, and honey.
3. Combine dry ingredients together: chickpea flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
4. Mix together the wet and dry mixtures. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled or non-stick loaf pan.
5. Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Alongside a cup of my favorite fortified soy milk, this is a perfect snack for that mid-afternoon slump, or my pre-workout before my longer runs. Hope you enjoy!